Nylextra Quad Ax STRIPE Fibreglass Per Metre - Select Colour
Nylextra Quad Ax STRIPE - Black/White 635mm
The new Nylextra reinforcements is here....It's Nylextra Hybrid Quad Ax STRIPE cloth for surfboards.
What is Nylextra Quad-Ax STRIPE?
E-glass fabric is a four (4) layer fabric consisting of fibreglass rovings laid down parallel in the 0, -45, +45 and 90 axes. This fabric provides the ability to apply multiple layers simultaneously and adds excellent structural support and stiffness to the laminate.
The Nylextra rope like structure throughout the cloth helps with impact, fatigue and structural durability. By using it in the area’s most affected by pressure dings and stress cracks, it can help your board last longer.
The pattern (or stripe) of the Nylextra through the cloth gives a unique fine pattern as well as giving impact strength, tensile strength and keeping the natural flex which enhances the performance of the surfboard.
How to apply to a surfboard:-
- Most pro builders put in place before putting on other layers of fiberglass
- Mark out where you want it to sit on the board, cut to size, paint a thin layer of resin the lay in place.
- Laminate over the top.
- Be careful when sanding was the area with the Nylextra Quad Ax will be raised slightly. It can be used with all resins.
Nylextra Quad Ax STRIPE can be used for:
- Back Rails to prevent the tails from shattering and strengthening the deck from foot compressions. Check the Rail Tapes section if you're looking for tapes!
- Bottom of the board along the stringer for flex patterns
- Full Rail of the board as a parabolic rail replacing full carbon rails on eps blanks
- In Lays decks of board to increase impact strength
Full cloth reinforcement underneath a normal layer of cloth for impact strength and reduce dings
Select the number of metres you'd like and click Add to Cart. Let us know how it goes on your next board.
Colour: Black White