Posted on June 06 2018
When we decided to add a Layout Square to our range we wanted a Square that you could reduce other tools in the shaping room and use this instead!
So we sat down with Robin Mair from Gearbox Surf/ Hanalei fins and worked out everything you would need to put fins in and measurements while building a board.
This Australian Made Layout Square was the result!
So whats different to other layout squares?
- Its bigger - 14 inch instead of 12 inch so when doing Quads and other fin placements you can do all your measurements without moving the square, reducing time and mistakes.
- You can still do your "Foot from the tail/ Foot from the nose" measurements because of the laser cuts wide enough to put your pencil in.
- Its strong! Made from Polycarbonate instead of Acrylic so if you drop it,its harder to break.
- You can actually use it to measure in the fin placements!! Laser cuts to fit your pencil and a hole to put your guide on the rail so both side fins can be exactly the same angle and measurement.
- Has Inches and CM measurements
- Designed by Robin Mair from Gearbox Surf - a Fin Designer/ Hand Shaper, so its a Shaper tool made by a Shaper!
Exclusive to Sanded Australia