11 Strand Carbon Rail Tape
Please Use the LENGTH Drop Down box to select between Per Roll or Per Metre (continuous)
11 strand Carbon Rail 50M Tape
This ultra new, high quality rail tape is the ultimate in strength for your next surfboard. The rail tape glass is a mix of:
- 4oz quality direct size fibreglass
- 11 strands of Carbon fibre evenly spaced across the tape
The Australian made tape has Carbon fibres running vertically in between through Fiberglass fibres.
- Width 80mm
- Can be used with Epoxy and Polyester resins
- Direct Size E- glass fibreglass 20% stronger than normal 4oz surfboard glass
- Kevlar - Strong with impact reduction properties
- Carbon - Known for its properties of strength, rigidity and lightness
It can be used on your surfboard to add directional stability in one specific direction. A perfect replacement for a full carbon tape for reinforcing surfboard rails in the tail area, it generally flexes more than a full carbon tape so it will complement the natural performance of the board. The design of this tape is to reduce fractures around where the tape meets the fibreglass.
It also can be used as a strong and responsive stringer along the bottom of a stringer less EPS blank.
Laminate the 11 strand Carbon Rail tape directly to the foam under the fibreglass layers. We recommend using Surfset epoxy with our tapes
Try some 11 strand Carbon Rail Tape on your next board and see the difference compared with other tapes. Add a roll to the cart with your next order.