Nylextra Basalt Rail Tape
Nylextra Hybrid Basalt Rail Tape
Choose Black or White Nylextra fibre (and Select between Per Roll and Per Continuous Metre
This ultra new, high quality rail tape is the ultimate in strength for your next surfboard. The rail tape glass is a mix of:
- 4oz quality direct size fibreglass
- Basalt fibre
- Nylextra fibre
The Australian made tape has Nylextra fibre running vertically in between through Basalt fibres.
- Width 80mm
- Can be used with Epoxy and Polyester resins
So, what is in Nylextra Hybrid Basalt?
Nylextra Hybrid fibre consists of a special blend of yarns, which is made from some of the toughest and most durable man made polymers, it has very high tensile and tear strength even at low fabric weights.
- Little weight gain in a strength to weight ratio
- Toughness/hardness/impact strength is increased of the outer skin
- Easy to wet out with resin
Basalt is a hard dense volcanic rock. It’s an igneous rock formed through the rapid cooling and solidification of lava. Basalt fibre is produced in a continuous process using crushed basalt rock, the only raw material required for its manufacture. It provides a middle ground between glass and carbon.
- Strong impact protection – will not shatter like carbon fibre
- Naturally UV resistant
- Maintains its physical integrity in stressful situations
- High tensile strength
- Similar flex to Fibreglass performance
We use is high tensile clear yarn which is the correct size, meaning the fabrics need no further heat cleaning or treatment with a coupling agent. These additional treatments usually result in a 50% reduction in tensile strength which, in turn, transfers to a reduction in composite mechanical properties.
- Reduction of deposits and fuzz
- Improved process-ability
- Lower friction coefficient
- Easier impregnation with resins
Colour: Select from Black or White Nylextra
Length: Choose from 50m Rolls or choose how many metres you need.
Try some Nylextra Hybrid Basalt Rail Tape on your next board and see the difference compared with carbon tapes. Let us know how you go!