Basalt Double Bias Fibreglass Cloth
Basalt Double Bias Fibreglass - 635mm
Please Use the LENGTH Drop Down box to select between Per Roll or Per Metre (continuous)
One of the popular cloths in the Sanded Australia range is the Basalt Double Biascloth. The cloth is as strong as molten rock... well, it is actual volcanic rock so it has to be close!
What is Basalt Double Bias?
The cloth is 635mm in width and the E-glass fabric is a layered fabric consisting of fibreglass rovings laid down parallel in the 0, -45, +45 and 90axes. This fabric provides the ability to apply multiple layers simultaneously and adds excellent structural support and stiffness to the laminate.
Basalt Fibre is made from a hard, dense, volcanic molten rock. It provides a middle ground between glass and carbon. Basalt fibre is naturally UV resistant, and can maintain its physical integrity in stressful situations.
- Strong impact protection – will not shatter like carbon fibre
- High tensile strength
- Similar flex to Fibreglass performance
The pattern of the Basalt through the cloth gives an unique metallic pattern as well as giving impact strength, tensile strength and keeping the natural flex which enhances the performance of the surfboard.
How to apply
- Most pro builders carefully put it in place before putting on other layers of fiberglass.
- Mark out where you want it to sit on the board, cut to size, paint a thin layer of resin the lay in place. Laminate over the top.
- Be careful when sanding was the area with the carbon quad will be raised slightly.
- It can be used with all resins. Try with Surfset Epoxy Resin for extra strength.
Basalt Double Bias can be used for :
- Back Rails - to prevent the tails from shattering and strengthening the deck from foot compressions.
- Bottom of the board along the stringer for flex patterns
- Full Rail of the board as a Parabolic rail replacing full carbon rails on eps blanks.
- In Lays: decks of board to increase impact strength
- Full cloth reinforcement underneath a normal layer of cloth for impact strength and reduce dings.
Scroll back up and add a few metres to the cart for your next board. You're sure to have lots of interest in the water with this product!