Double Bias Carbon Cloth 25 inch - Per 100m roll
Carbon Double Bias Cloth 25 inch ~
Double Bias E-glass fibreglass rail tape is a layered fabric consisting of fibreglass rovings laid down parallel in the 0, -45, +45 and 90 angels.
This fabric provides the ability to apply multiple layers simultaneously and adds excellent structural support and stiffness to the laminate. The pattern of the carbon through the tape gives an X pattern.
Double Bias Carbon Cloth can help with impact, fatigue and structural durability.
How to apply
It's generally used as a layer under the final layer of fiberglass.
- Mark out where you want it to sit on the board
- Cut the cloth to size
- Paint a thin layer of resin to hold it in place
- Then laminate over the top
Note: If it's your first time using an inlay, take care when sanding over the edges as the edges will be raised slightly, Carbon Double Bias can be used with all resins.
Popular placements for the Carbon Double Bias include:-
- Back rails - to prevent the tails from shattering and strengthening the deck from foot compression
- Bottom of the board - along the stringer for flex patterns
- Full board - give your board a different look and feel
- In Lays - decks of board to increase impact strength