Double Bias Fibreglass Cloth
Double Bias Fibreglass 3oz, 4.5oz or 6.3oz - 635mm PER Roll
Please use Drop down menu to select cloth weight options.
One of the new cloths in the Sanded Australia range is the Double Bias cloth.
What is Double Bias ?
The cloth is 635mm in width and the E-glass fabric is a layered fabric consisting of fibreglass rovings laid down parallel in the 0, -45, +45 and 90axes. This fabric provides the ability to apply multiple layers simultaneously and adds excellent structural support and stiffness to the laminate.
- Strong compression protection
- High tensile strength
- great fabric properties for maximum fibre to weight ratio
How to apply
- Most pro builders carefully put it in place before putting on other layers of fiberglass.
- Mark out where you want it to sit on the board, cut to size, paint a thin layer of resin the lay in place. Laminate over the top.
- Be careful when sanding was the area with the Double Bias as it will be raised slightly.
- It can be used with all resins. Try with Surfset Epoxy Resin for extra strength.
Double Bias cloth can be used for :
- Back Rails - to prevent the tails from shattering and strengthening the deck from foot compressions
- In Lays: decks of board to increase impact strength
- Full cloth reinforcement underneath a normal layer of cloth for impact strength and reduce dings.
Weights: 3oz, 4.5oz or 6.3oz please use drop down menu to select options
Scroll back up and add a roll to the cart for your Use. You're sure to have lots of interest in the water with this product!