Quad Axial Carbon Rail Tape
Carbon Quad Axial Rail Tape 75mm
*Buy a roll or continuous metres by using drop down menus*
Quad Axial E-glass fibreglass rail tape is a four layer fabric consisting of fibreglass rovings laid down parallel in the 0, -45, +45 and 90 angels.
This fabric provides the ability to apply multiple layers simultaneously and adds excellent structural support and stiffness to the laminate. The pattern of the carbon through the tape gives an X pattern.
Quad Axial Carbon Rail tape can help with impact, fatigue and structural durability. This tape is commonly used with EPS for strengthening the rails and tail area of surfboards. These areas are most affected by pressure dings and stress cracks.
How to apply
It's generally put in place before laminating on other layers of fiberglass.
- Mark out where you want it to sit on the board
- Cut the tape to size
- Paint a thin layer of resin to hold it in place
- Then laminate over the top
Note: If it's your first time using a rail tape, take care when sanding over the tape as the area will be raised slightly. Quad Axial can be used with all resins.
Popular placements for the Carbon Quad Ax include:-
- Back rails - to prevent the tails from shattering and strengthening the deck from foot compression
- Bottom of the board - along the stringer for flex patterns
- Full Rail of the board - as a Parabolic rail replacing full carbon rails on EPS blanks
- In Lays - decks of board to increase impact strength
Length: Per 100m Roll or Per Metre
Try some on your next board, use the drop down menu to choose a roll OR select how many metres you need and click add to cart.